Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Guilty Pleasures

"Calling a show a 'guilty pleasure' is like saying I'm embarrassed to say I watch but I can't stop.' That's not a compliment." -Shonda Rhimes

Inspired by what Mashable claims to be The Top 14 Guilty Pleasure Songs - which are debatable, in my opinion - I've decided to compile my own guilty pleasure playlist.

These are songs that are admittedly poorly written or produced, one-hit wonders, or just downright cheesy... but no matter what, whenever they are on, I will burst out into song and dance (to the dismay of anyone around me). Some are tied to lovely memories, some are just darn catchy!

1. Stronger - Britney Spears
The quintessential GIRL POWER song in my book. And the video? Come on. Those special effects with the car are out of this world.

2. Africa - Toto
Bless those rains down in Africa, bless them!! And bless those around me who will inevitably hear me sing every word, and ever instrumental, no matter where I am.

3. It's All Coming Back to Me Now - Celine Dion
In my eyes, Celine is perfect. She's so beautiful and talented and amazing. And if you've never watched her Vegas show on DVD, you're missing out (shout out to veiny head guy). This song is the epitome of her epic vocal talents.

4. Hanging by a Moment - Lifehouse
I was, and basically still am, obsessed with the whole "No Name Face" album by Lifehouse, but this single brings back so many memories of middle school angst that it just had to be on the list.

5. Macarena - Los Del Rio
The actual words are "Baila tu cuerpo alegria Macarena." and then some other stuff. And I don't care. I just want to DANCE!!

6. Ghost Man on Third - Taking Back Sunday
There's no explanation other than: teenage angst.

7. Helena - My Chemical Romance
See #6

8. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
I'm, like, a sorority girl and was, like, single once! ::twirls and flips hair::

9. Crash - DMB
I'm a big fan, and I really hate to admit it, but... Crash is one of my favorite songs of his. So cliche, I know!! Other Dave fans would shame me because it's everybody's favorite Dave song. Whatever. I love it.

10. Tearin' Up My Heart - NSYNC
I remember being a tiny teeny bopper and seeing NSYNC perform for the first time on Disney channel. They were my first concert. They were amazing. And this song is just so quintessentially old school NSYNC that it just had to be on this list.

11. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm a typical human being. That likes the same song every other human being on this planet likes. But ain't no one can beat me on that guitar solo, bro.

What are some of your favorite guilty pleasure songs?!

All for now, more to come.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment