No one said it better. These past two months have flown by! Since the beginning of May my weekends have been jam packed with trips and adventures and people and food and all things wonderful. And in just one week it will be July 4th and I'll be back in RI visiting family! I'm a lucky, blessed girl to have these experiences, so I thought I'd do a quick photo blog to recap and share. Enjoy!
Ian and I after our dinner date!
The handmade scrapbook Ian gave me for our anniversary <3
May 2 - Anniversary in Greenville, SC
The first weekend in May, Ian and I celebrated one year as a couple! We've had ups and downs, as all couples do, but we've both learned a lot about ourselves and each other. I count myself a very lucky girl to have so many wonderful times with this wonderful guy! After sending me flowers and chocolates at work, he took me to a gorgeous dinner at Breakwater (one of our first date spots) and gave me the most gorgeous, hand crafted scrapbook of our first year together. I've never received such a thoughtful gift and I am so looking forward to making more memories to fill up the rest of the scrapbook!
A bittersweet weekend with friends, wishing Mandie well on her next journey!
May 3-4 - Goodbye to Mandie in Charleston, SC
Immediately after a fabulous anniversary celebration with Ian, I drove down to Charleston, SC to visit my friend Mandie and wish her luck on her new adventure to Ireland for a year. I've known Mandie since she was born, and as I bid her adieu, I realized that I probably had never gone a full year without seeing her smiling face!! We reminisced and had cathartic adventures at the pool, beach, Lost Dog Cafe, and many favorite places on Folly Beach. I miss her already!!
Me, Brittany, Michela, and Rianna. Family! Just missing Tracy....
...and here she is! Me (Big), Brittany (Grandlittle), and Tracy (Little)
May 17-18 - "Family Reunion" in Charleston, SC
My Delta Gamma family is very special to me. We've always been close, but as it too often happens in life, time got away from us and I hadn't seen some of my beautiful family members for YEARS! We decided it was time to change this, and so we gathered in Charleston, SC once again (this time on West Ashley) and relived our glory days. We had a fancy, beautiful dinner at the Francis Marion Hotel downtown, worked on our tans at the pool, cuddled with Brady the adorable Havanese, and generally had a good old fashioned girls weekend.
Typical Alissa and Tyler...in hysterics.
May 23 - Tyler Visits Greenville, SC
My long lost best friend, partner in crime, fellow LOTR fan, theme-party loving visited me for the first time in years! It was wonderful to be reunited with my BFFL Tyler, and though it had been such a long time, it's like we never spent a day apart from one another. That's how you know someone is a true friend!
Me, Ian and Ashlee at the DMB concert!!
My first ever MLB game with Ian at Turner Field!
Chicken fried chicken and gravy with mac n cheese and collards at Mary Mac's in Atlanta. #heartattack
May 24-26 - Memorial Day Weekend in Atlanta, GA
A whirlwind of a weekend, to be sure! Ian's birthday was May 19 and so to celebrate, we took the party to Atlanta, GA where we engaged in a variety of awesome activities, including but not limited to: Dave Matthews Band concert, floating on tubes down the Chattahoochee river, watching the Atlanta Braves vs. Boston Red Sox at Turner Field, and ate a delicious meal at Mary Mac's Tea Room. We were exhausted by the time we rolled back into Greenville, but it was a weekend to remember!
With our new friends at the Speakeasy in Atlanta, GA
May 30-31 - Visiting with Elizabeth in Atlanta, GA
Elizabeth is one of the kindest, most giving, generous, caring, loving human beings I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. So when the opportunity arose to visit her in Atlanta, GA with my whale sister Katherine, I just couldn't say no! So we piled into Katherine's car and spent a lovely weekend in Atlanta. We enjoyed delicious food like Fellini's pizza, Taqueria del Sol, and more, and even ventured out into a Speakeasy style bar (which was TOTALLY awesome).
Beautiful sunset with my handsome date at a gorgeous wedding!
June 6-8 - Wedding in Doylestown, PA
Not to be outdone with my many solo out of town trips, Ian invited me to a wedding in Doylestown, PA for two of his good college friends. We survived the long drive, and the wedding was absolutely beautiful! The reception took place at a venue called The Lakehouse and the scenery was stunning. And Ian and I both cleaned up pretty good, if I do say so myself!
Daddy and I after Father's Day brunch at Soby's
Daddy, me, and Auntie Barbara at Falls Park
June 13-15 - Daddy and Auntie Barbara visit for a wedding in Greenville, SC
Since I was the one in my family that decided to pack it up and move away, it's not often that I get visitors from the great white North. So you can imagine my excitement when both my father and my Auntie Barbara came to town for my cousin Meagen's wedding! Not only did we have a fabulous time at the wedding (reception at the Westin Poinsett, no less!!), but I got to spend another Father's Day with my dad which is truly a blessing. I loved showing off Greenville to my dad and Aunt and I think they really loved it! Now if only they would move down here...
They were ready for me with a luxurious robe and chocolate!
Comfy cozy in my robe before my spa day!
Relaxing by the pool post-spa with my new sun-shiney pedi!
With my handsome roomie and friend Will at Breakwater.
June 23 - Day of pampering in Greenville, SC
And to round out my two months of craziness, I finally redeemed my Christmas gift from Ian: a gift card to a very snazzy spa here in Greenville, SC! I was treated to a hot stone massage which was incredibly relaxing, and then a pedicure. After that I had some much needed R&R by the pool with my girlfriends, and finished the night off by spending some quality time with my roomie Andrew and our friend Will (whom I hadn't hung out with in ages because I'd been traveling everywhere).
And so June comes to a close... and I prepare for the next few months of craziness!
All for now, more to come.
-A
No comments:
Post a Comment