Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Daily Deborah - Jingle Balls

I recently started a new job. Over the past three weeks I have been consistently entertained by my hilarious coworker Deborah. Deborah is from Puerto Rico, and although her English is nearly perfect, her accent and vocabulary make for some hilarious mispronunciations or misnomers a la Gloria on Modern Family.

To share the hilarity, I will be posting "The Daily Deborah" every time the language barrier causes a humorous misunderstanding. Today, jingle balls.

Deborah likes to refer to spherical Christmas ornaments as "balls." She described the theme of her cubicle decorations as:

"Trees, balls, and ho ho ho."

As in Christmas trees, ornaments, and Santa?

My second favorite from today was when she was singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" but got the words confused with a popular Christmas carol:

"Jingle, jingle, little star..."

Twinkle, Deborah, the star twinkles.

All for now, more to come!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment